Thursday 17 May 2007

Welcome

This is 'It's Not An Idiot Box': a blog about telly, because I like it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like films with subtitles, I like to read, I have a degree (almost) and I can even, sometimes, appreciate real art in galleries and that...

But, see, I have a problem. I feel that television goes underrated. I feel that people are too quick to call it an 'Idiot Box' and frankly, I'm against such judgements.

Those people probably watch The Simpsons and Family Guy, they probably watch The Office, The Mighty Boosh and Extras. They probably haven't seen Snuff Box because they're too busy rubbishing television.

I'm fed up of these people, I'm fed up of DVD's. I'll watch a film when it's on telly, I'll watch Channel 4's weird and wonderful programmes, I'll watch ITV2's programme documenting the life of Jordan and Peter and I will watch all this with the greatest cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment